But what exactly is a Twinning?
It’s a mechanism designed to transfer and implement innovative digital health practices from one region/country to another. The goal is to share knowledge and skills from the Twinning Originator to the Twinning Adopter(s), enabling them to utilize innovative solutions for improving health and care services.
The goal of DigitalHealthUptake’s Call for Twinning, running from 13 June 2023 to 13 September 2023, is to provide funding for Twinning Solutions. A budget of €96,000 has been allocated to fund 12 potential Twinnings to stimulate knowledge exchange, training, digital know-how transfer, and the adoption of innovative practices between European regions and countries.
What types of twinning solutions are being funded?
Twinning solutions should address policy priorities and be evidence-based, innovative digital products, services, processes, methodologies, strategies, or business models. The topics of this call are focused on solutions for citizens/patients or care practitioners, such as digital tools for health education, mHealth systems, patient feedback tools, and telemedicine.
Why Should You Apply to the DigitalHealthUptake Call for Twinnings?
Participating in the DigitalHealthUptake Call for Twinnings comes with numerous advantages. Through knowledge exchange, organizations can gain insights, access to innovative solutions, and invaluable networking opportunities. Additionally, the funding available will enable organizations to implement transformative digital applications that have the power to revolutionize health and care in Europe.
How to Submit a Twinning Application
1. Download the Main Application form from the project website: https://digitalhealthuptake.eu/call-for-twinnings
2. Fill out the form after completing a short online identification form.
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Main Application form attached as a PDF. Remember to name the file clearly, such as “DHU_TwinningOffer_ShortNameOfTwinning.pdf”.
4. If you have any questions, email email@example.com before the deadline on 13 September 2023.
A detailed timeline of the Call for Twinnings can be found on the DigitalHealthUptake project website, which includes two explanatory Webinars on the 21st of June (Register here) and 18th of July (Register here) for interested applicants.
Background information (FAQ)
What is a Twinning?
Twinnings are a mechanism for transferring and implementing innovative digital health practices from one region to another. The goal is to share knowledge and skills from the Twinning Originator to the Twinning Adopter(s), enabling the use of innovative solutions to improve health and care services.
What is the goal of the Call for Twinning?
The DigitalHealthUptake project is opening a call from 13 June 2023 to 13 September 2023 to provide funding to Twinning Solutions to stimulate knowledge exchange & training, the transfer of digital know-how, and the adoption of innovative practices between European regions/countries.
Why should you apply to the DigitalHealthUptake Call for Twinnings?
We believe that this is a great opportunity for organisations to gain a competitive advantage from the process of twinning through knowledge exchange, access to innovative solutions, networking opportunities, and potential funding support. Participating in twinnings will allow you to collaborate on transformative digital applications that can revolutionize health and care in Europe.
Who are the Twinning Originator and Twinning Adopter?
The Twinning Originator is the region/country with the innovative practice, while the Twinning Adopter is the implementing region/country. There can be multiple Twinning Adopters, and third parties may also be involved. Countries participating in the Digital Europe Programme can submit applications.
What is the funding?
The DigitalHealthUptake call allocates a total budget of €96,000 for 12 potential Twinnings to be funded.
How does the Twinning process work?
Interested organizations and individuals exchange ideas on twinning solutions they can offer or adopt, focusing on local, regional, and national health and care providers in Europe. Twinning activities may include meetings, technical groups, and travel and they typically last between 3 and 9 months.
What types of twinnings are being funded?
Twinning solutions should address policy priorities and be evidence-based, innovative digital products, services, processes, methodologies, strategies, or business models. Twinning solutions can cover various topics such as digital tools for health education, mHealth systems, patient feedback tools, telemedicine, and more, supporting both citizens/patients and care practitioners.
Citizen/patient-focused twinning topics:
- Digital tools to support health education (health literacy), digital health literacy
- mHealth systems, wearable devices for monitoring and prevention, alerts, reminders
- Digital tools to support patient feedback and reporting of outcomes and experiences
- Digital tools to support proactive prevention, self-management, homecare, telemonitoring
- Tele-mentoring/coaching, virtual consultations, virtual coach, personal assistant
- ICT supporting adherence to medication and care plans
- Robotics (e.g., companion robots)
- Use of digital therapeutics
- Tools and services supporting independent living, ambient assisted living technologies, telecare
Care practitioner-focused twinning topics:
- Advanced digital tools to support Integrated Care, including integration of health and social care services
- Interoperable digital solutions to support person-centred and integrated care
- Regional and national Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and ePrescription solutions enabling person-centred care
- Regional, national and local Electronic Integrated Care Record (EICR) systems, integration of EHR and social care records
- Digital shared care plans (e.g., support to multi-disciplinary team(s))
- Decision support for multi-morbidity and polypharmacy management
- ICT support for management of frailty
- ICT support for falls prevention
- eLearning to support workforce development for person-centred integrated care
How to submit a Twinning application?
- Download the Main Application form from the project website: https://digitalhealthuptake.eu/call-for-twinnings.
- Fill out the form after completing a short online identification form.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Main Application form attached as a PDF. Make sure to name the file clearly, like “DHU_TwinningOffer_ShortNameOfTwinning.pdf”
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com before the deadline on 13 September 2023.
What is the timeline?
|Publication of the Call for Twinnings documents on digitalhealthuptake.eu and on the funding & tender opportunities portal of the European Commission
|Webinar 1 for interested applicants: an overview of the call, call topics, conditions, facilitation of twinning partnerships (Register here).
|Webinar 2 for interested applicants: an overview of the call, call topics, conditions, facilitation of twinning partnerships (Register here).
|Deadline for questions by applicants
|Deadline for submission of twinning applications
|Award decision and notification
|02.10 – 31.10.2023
|Earliest possibly start of twinning activities
|Latest end of all twinning activities
Questions about the Call for Twinnings can be submitted in English to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadlines specified in the twinning calendar.